1-2-1 with Super Producer Russo Chiradza



Greedysouth recently caught up with the local super producer Russo, the man behind a lot of local big records out right now for this exclusive short interview so check it.
Who is Russo


Well Russell Russo Chiradza is a 27 year old Music producer in Zim come from a family of 6,3 sister n 2 brothers and im the 4th 

What influenced/ Inspired you to start making beats, how did it all start

I used to listen to a lot of Timbaland productions growing up so that sort of inspired to want to also became a music producer and since i could also play the piano it was a bit easy 

What was your first break through record?

My First break through song was Ndakafa which i produced for Maskiri on his Tapinda Tapinda album

Through the years, which song can you say is the biggest record Russo ever produced

Ndinonyara by Nox is defntly my biggest song so far

What type of genre does your music fall under

I make every type of music RnB,Hiphop,soul,jazz,dance-hall zvese

Where do you make and mix your beats?

Russo: My studio is in Harare in town Milnes Building 90 Robert Mugabe 

Break it down for me quickly, when you make a beat for an artist, do you come up with the concept and the tittle of the song as well? like how far is your influence on the song, does it just end with you giving an artist an instrumental or it goes deeper.

It usually takes me about an hour and half to compose a beat, sometimes I will have the chorus with me already but in most instances the artist will have the full song so I will just have to make the beat and do the arrangement and everything else.

Do you ever ghost write say a hook, a chorus or a verse for your clients?

Yes, I write hooks for most of my clients, I am a song writer  aswell

I've heard The General Sniper Storm shout you out on his songs, whats your relationship like with Masoja?

I work with Sniper a lot, our studio chemistry  lead to the first ever Number 1 Sniper Storm song Muskana Haarohwe 

What does it take for a new artist to work with you, how can people contact/ find you

To work with me you need to have the talent of cause, uchinyatsoziva zvauri kuita. U can contact my manager on 0736202155/ 0773062585 

What can people expect from you this year

Well this year i have made two of the biggest songs in Zimbabwe, Ndinonyara and Tazvara Varamba. In total i have produced 4 number one songs on the charts which i feel is a great achievement  The 1st producer in Zimbabwe to have consecutive number 1.2.3.4 songs on the charts at the same time. 

Which other artists say you haven't worked with before you would like to

I haven't worked with Winky D. I would really love to give him a different sound.

So tell me when Russo is not making any music, what else will he be up to?

If i am not making music i will be watching a lot of comedies on tv 



Mungwadzi Godwin

twitterinstagramI like sharing positive stories about Zimbabweans at home and abroad. I also write articles on Personal Finance, Fashion, Music, and Tech. Let's connect!

Previous Post Next Post